Palazzo Canevaro was designed by Giuseppe Poggi for Marquis Manfredi Calcagnini Estense in 1857. The building was the last of a series of glorious Neo-Renaissance residences by Florence’s most famous architect and city planner. The United States acquired the property in 1947. The bedroom ceilings were painted with putti and landscape murals that have cracked and deteriorated from movement and leaks in the roof above. The roof has been restored, which has helped to slow the deterioration of the murals.
Fully restore the ceiling paintings including documenting the conditions, paint analysis, cleaning, consolidation of plaster, and touch-up the paint.