The Schönborn Palace Chancery in Prague, a Czech National Monument, has a long and complex history of adaptations to accommodate a wide range of royal, noble, and governmental owners. Today the dominant exterior image dates to 1718, when the Colloredo family renovated the building to the design of Giovanni Battista Alliprandi and Bartoloměj Scotti. The U. S. Government acquired the building in 1925 for use as its Embassy. Today the Ambassador’s offices occupy highly significant spaces within the structure, but they no longer reflect the High Baroque style that characterized the rooms at the time of their greatest significance.
To restore the United States Ambassador’s offices to the appropriate appearance.